|Tool||Hand or Shovel|
Swamp Grass takes on different foliage colors depending on what biome it is located in.
Plant Support Edit
Swamp Grass supports the placement and growth of basic plants. In addition, pressing the 'use' key on Swamp Grass with Ground Dried Swamp Reed will randomly sprout basic plants on it, including Swamp Tallgrass, Double Swamp Tallgrass, Cattails, Tall Cattails, and Shoots.
Growth and Death Edit
Swamp Grass will eventually become Swamp Dirt if a solid block is placed directly on top of it.
Right-clicking on the top of Swamp Grass with a Betweenlands shovel will turn it into Dug Swamp Grass, which is used in Farming. Note that the block will revert back to regular Swamp Grass if it is left unfilled.
Swamp Grass drops Swamp Dirt when harvested. The blocks themselves must be harvested with a Silk Touch tool to be collected.
Placed Swamp Grass will take on an alternative texture during the Winter seasonal event.
- Alpha 3.1.0: Now has an alternative texture for the Winter event.
- Beta 2.0.2: Can now properly sustain non-Betweenlands plants.
- Beta 2.0.0:
- Now takes on different colors in different biomes.
- Now spreads to dug blocks, including purified ones.
- Can now be found in Underground Oases.
- Beta 1.0.0: Introduced.