Sludge Slicer is a unique sword-type lance that can be found as Loot. It is also a treasure from animating Scrolls. Against most mobs, it only deals its minimum base damage; however, it will instantly kill any Sludges it is used against, making it very useful. Like all Betweenlands tools, the Sludge Slicer deals more damage in the Betweenlands than vanilla tools.
The Sludge Slicer will be found in a "Good as new!" state of corrosion, with 0/255 corrosion points. Simply being in your inventory will cause it to start becoming corroded; using and swinging the lance as well as being in water will increase the lance's rate of corrosion. Corrosion decreases the damage output and effectiveness of the lance.
A corroded lance can be cleaned in the Purifier, resetting its corrosion value back to 0. It can also be applied with Scabyst to give it up to 600 coating points, which keep the corrosion level static until they are depleted. Visit the Mechanics page for more details on corrosion.
As with all sword-type weapons, the Sludge Slicer can be equipped with Middle Gems as part of the Middle Gem Circle and to apply an additional buff to the player using it. The type of gem equipped can be seen in its tooltip.
- 1 Sludge Slicer + 1 Middle Gem = applies Middle Gem to sword (sword and gem type shown as example)
- 1 Sludge Slicer + between 1 and 8 Scabyst = coats Betweenlands tool (shapeless, adds 75 points per piece added, pickaxe shown as example)
- Purify non-coated Sludge Slicer = clean Betweenlands tool (axe shown as example)
- Beta 2.0.0: Renamed to Sludge Slicer.
- Appropriated to fit the new vanilla combat mechanics.
- Coating is no longer infinite and depletes over time.
- Coating recipe can now receive any amount of Scabyst.
- Beta 1.0.1: Can now be coated with Scabyst to prevent corrosion.
- Beta 1.0.0: Introduced as Sludge Lance.