Harvesting Plants Edit
When the Sickle is used instead of something else to break a plant in the Betweenlands, the plant will drop its corresponding Plant Item. This item can then be ground into its corresponding Ground Item, which can then be used to make Infusions or can be separated into Aspect Vials.
The Sickle affects the following plants and coral when used to mine them:
- Algae, Arrow Arum
- Bladderwort (both stalk and flower), Blue Eyed Grass, Blue Iris, Bog Bean, Boneset, Bottle Brush Grass, Broomsedge, Buttonbush
- Cardinal Flower, Cattail, Cave Grass, Cave Moss, Copper Iris
- Dead Weedwood Bush, Deep Water Coral, Double Swamp Tallgrass
- Golden Club
- Marsh Hibiscus, Marsh Mallow, Marsh Marigolds, Milkweed, Mire Coral, Moss
- Phragmites, Pickerel Weed, Pitcher Plant, Poison Ivy
- Shoots, Sludgecreep, Soft Rush, Sundew, Swamp Tallgrass
- Tall Cattail, Thorns
- Water Weeds, Weedwood Bush
- Venus Fly Trap, Volarpad
Like most other equipment with durability, a damaged Sickle can be repaired to full durability through an Animator. The more that needs to be repaired, the greater the cost of fuel and crystal charge is in the animation process.
The Sickle is made in a "Good as new!" state of corrosion, with 0/255 corrosion points. Simply having it in your inventory will cause it to start corroding; using it as well as being in water will increase its rate of corrosion. Corrosion decreases the chance for a plant item to be obtained from mining a plant.
A corroded Sickle can be cleaned in the Purifier, resetting its corrosion value back to 0. It can also be applied with Scabyst to give it up to 600 coating points, which keep the corrosion level static until they are depleted. Visit the Mechanics page for more details on corrosion.
Middle Gems Edit
The Sickle cannot be applied with Middle Gems.
|Sickle||Valonite Shard (3) + Weedwood Stick + Reed Rope|
|Coats Sickle (75 points per piece)||Sickle + Scabyst (1-8)|
|Removes Corrosion from Sickle||Corroded and uncoated Sickle + Sulfur + Swamp Water (1 bucket)|
|Fully repairs Sickle||Damaged Sickle + Sulfur (7-16) + Life Crystal (11-25% charge)|
- Alpha 3.2.0: Can now be fully repaired in an Animator.
- Beta 2.0.0:
- Coating is no longer infinite and depletes over time.
- Coating recipe can now receive any amount of Scabyst.
- Beta 1.0.1: Can now be coated with Scabyst to prevent corrosion.
- Beta 1.0.0: Introduced.