|Damage||Contact Easy: 4 ()|
|Drops|| 0-1 Sulfur, 0-1 Tangled Root on death|
1-6 Pyrad Flame on death while charging
|First Appearance||Beta 1.0.0|
Pyrads appear as a sort of 'nature spirit' with glowing eyes and markings, runic plates, and a staff on its back.
When initially spawned, Pyrads are in a sort of 'sleeping' state, resting on the ground, and do not attack while in this state. They awake if they are hit, using a leaf tornado effect similar to that granted by the Ring of Ascent to lift themselves three or four blocks off the ground, and become aggressive.
When attacking, they glow (using a green shader effect) and charge their attack for a few seconds before launching three inaccurate spreads of between one and five Pyrad Flame projectiles in the target's general direction. These fireballs are not affected by gravity, deal contact damage, and can set players, mobs and blocks on fire.
After a while, if there are no players or other targets nearby, the Pyrad will return to its sleeping state.
They have a custom death animation when killed, causing them to 'deactivate' and drop to the ground before vanishing in a burst of leaves.
Pyrads can be dangerous due to their ability to shoot multiple fireballs at once, allowing them to shower a large area. Try hiding behind blocks whenever they shoot to avoid the projectiles and strike when they are not shooting, and put out any fires you come across to minimize taken damage. This can be difficult if there are multiple Pyrads nearby as some can shoot while others are charging. Another method may be to bring a bucket of water to put out the fire should you be set alight.
- The name 'Pyrad' is a portmanteau of the words 'Pyro' (the fire quality) and 'Dryad' (the nature quality).
- The Pyrad's working name during development was the Floating Flamme.
- Beta 2.0.3: Fixed a crash caused by sleeping Pyrads in Creative Mode.
- Beta 2.0.0: Now have a sleeping state in which they do not attack.
- Now glow when charging and can drop Pyrad Flames if killed while charging.
- Now launches fireballs in inaccurate but wide spreads.
- Now has its own death animation.
- Beta 1.0.4: Now spawn around newly generated Giant Weedwood Trees.
- Beta 1.0.0: Introduced.