|Pot of Chance|
|Blast Resistance||Regular Pot: 0|
Tar Pot: 10
|Tool||Hand or Pickaxe|
(Tar pot requires
Pots of Chance are special blocks that can be found scattered in both Caverns and Lake Caverns. They can also sometimes be found in Ruins, Abandoned Shacks, and Underground Ruins, and are always found in Cragrock Towers and the Wight Fortress. There are three different visual variations of them that have randomized rotation.
Collecting Loot Edit
Each Pot of Chance spawns with a random item or two (can be stacked) already inside of it. When broken, it will drop the item that has been stored inside. Be careful, as there is a chance that breaking a pot will spawn a small Termite as well, which will proceed to attack. Right-clicking an empty pot with an item will put the item inside.
Tar Pots of Chance can also be found at the bottom of tar pools in Tar Pool Dungeons. These appear as normal Pots of Chance that are stuck inside Solid Tar blocks. They have the same properties as normal Pots of Chance and also generate with items inside them, but unlike regular pots they must be mined with a pickaxe.
See the Loot Tables page for the loot that can be found in generated Pots of Chance.
- Alpha 3.2.0: Reduced regular pot hardness, now breaks faster with a pickaxe.
- Beta 2.0.3: Reimplemented Tar Pots of Chance.
- Beta 2.0.0: Now uses item textures when in inventory.
- Temporarily removed Tar Pots of Chance.
- Greatly reduced generation in Caverns.
- Beta 1.0.2: Adjusted loot tables.
- Beta 1.0.1: Reduced generation in Caverns.
- Beta 1.0.0: Introduced.