Mortar is a utility block that is capable of grinding specific materials into new and useful items.
For a Mortar to function, it must be equipped with a Pestle. You can equip it by simply right-clicking on the Mortar with the Pestle. You can then shift-right click to open the GUI. Do note that the Pestle has limited durability and will have to be replaced after breaking.
The Mortar's operation can be used in two ways. It can manually grind items by placing the item you want to grind in the left slot and right-clicking the Mortar, using the Pestle inside to grind one item per click. The process can be automated by placing a Life Crystal in the top slot in addition; it will then 'animate' the Pestle which will grind as many items as are put in the Mortar on its own as long as the Life Crystal has enough charge and the Pestle does not break. Each item ground will consume 0-1% of the crystal's charge, meaning a fully charged life crystal can grind a total of two stacks. After a few seconds, the resulting item can be collected from the right slot. A grinding sound will play during the process.
You can add your own Mortar GUI recipes in the recipes.json in the config.
Mortar GUI Recipes Edit
- Grind Weedwood Bark = Ground Weedwood Bark
- Grind Dried Swamp Reed = Ground Dried Swamp Reed
- Grind Limestone/Polished Limestone/Chiseled Limestone = Limestone Flux
- Grind Plant Item = corresponding Ground Item (Ground Leaf shown as example)
- Grind Angler Tooth = Ground Angler Tooth
- Grind Aqua Middle Gem = Ground Aqua Middle Gem
- Grind Black Hat Mushroom = Ground Black Hat Mushroom
- Grind Bulb-Capped Mushrooms = Ground Bulb-Capped Mushroom
- Grind Crimson Middle Gem = Ground Crimson Middle Gem
- Grind Crimson Snail Shell = Ground Crimson Snail Shell
- Grind Deep Water Coral = Ground Deep Water Coral
- Grind Flathead Mushroom = Ground Flathead Mushroom
- Grind Green Middle Gem = Ground Green Middle Gem
- Grind Mire Coral = Ground Mire Coral
- Grind Moss = Ground Moss
- Grind Ochre Snail Shell = Ground Ochre Snail Shell
- Grind Swamp Kelp = Ground Swamp Kelp
- Grind Tangled Root = Ground Tangled Root
- Grind Volarpad Leaf = Ground Volarpad