|Renewable||Yes (except water|
plant ground items)
Every ground item has one or more Aspects tied to it, the types of aspects in most cases being randomized for each item based on world seed (so the same type of ground item will not have the same aspect(s) in every world) and rarity tier (more common plants tend to have more, but lower tier aspects, while rarer plants have fewer, but higher tier aspects).
Due to the randomization, most aspects are not known until they are tested through Gecko testing. The aspect along with its icon, if they are discovered, can be viewed by holding shift while hovering over the ground item in the inventory. Ground Middle Gems are an exception to the usual randomization rule: Ground Aqua Middle Gem will always contain just Byrginaz, Ground Crimson Middle Gem just Firnalaz, and Ground Green Middle Gem just Fergalaz. However, the aspect will still not be displayed on the item until it is tested.
Combining Ground Items using a specific (or random) aspect recipe (or an invalid recipe) in the Infuser yields a Weedwood Infusion Bucket with the aspects of the combination. Aspect Vials can also be obtained from ground items with multiple aspects and can be used as alternatives to ground items with a single aspect.
These are all of the ground items organized by tier:
- Tier I: Ground Algae, Ground Arrow Arum, Ground Black Hat Mushroom, Ground Bladderwort Flower, Ground Bladderwort Stalk, Ground Bog Bean, Ground Boneset, Ground Bottle Brush Grass, Ground Broomsedge, Ground Button Bush, Ground Cattail, Ground Cave Grass, Ground Cave Moss, Ground Copper Iris, Ground Dried Swamp Reed, Ground Flathead Mushroom, Ground Hanger, Ground Leaf, Ground Lichen, Ground Marsh Hibiscus, Ground Marsh Mallow, Ground Milkweed, Ground Moss, Ground Nettle, Ground Phragmites, Ground Pickerel Weed, Ground Poison Ivy, Ground Shoots, Ground Sludgecreep, Ground Soft Rush, Ground Swamp Kelp, Ground Swamp Tallgrass, Ground Tangled Roots, Ground Thorns, Ground Water Weeds, Ground Weedwood Bark, Ground Volarpad
- Tier II: Ground Angler Tooth, Ground Aqua Middle Gem, Ground Blue Eyed Grass, Ground Blue Iris, Ground Bulb Capped Mushroom, Ground Cardinal Flower, Ground Crimson Middle Gem, Ground Crimson Snail Shell, Ground Deep Water Coral, Ground Golden Club, Ground Green Middle Gem, Ground Marsh Marigold, Ground Mire Coral, Ground Ochre Snail Shell
- Tier III: Ground Pitcher Plant, Ground Sundew, Ground Venus Fly Trap
Ground Items can be fed to Geckos in Gecko Cages by right clicking in order to discover their aspects. A message will display, noting how the Gecko reacts and what Aspect from the item was discovered; an entry in the Herblore Book will also be added if it is in the inventory, and from then on the aspect can be viewed on the item with the shift key. A second message will also display, notifying the player either that there are still more undiscovered aspects of the Ground Item (as only one is discovered at a time) or that all of the aspects of the item have been discovered.
Plant Growth Edit
Ground Dried Swamp Reed can uniquely be applied to certain plants to accelerate their growth, acting as a Betweenlands equivalent to Bone Meal. See the Dried Swamp Reed page for more information.
|Corresponding Ground Item||Plant Item + Pestle (1 use)|
|Ground Angler Tooth||Angler Tooth + Pestle (1 use)|
|Ground Black Hat Mushroom||Black Hat Mushroom (item) + Pestle (1 use)|
|Ground Bulb-Capped Mushroom||Bulb-Capped Mushrooms + Pestle (1 use)|
|Ground Crimson Snail Shell||Crimson Snail Shell + Pestle (1 use)|
|Ground Dried Swamp Reed||Dried Swamp Reed + Pestle (1 use)|
|Ground Flathead Mushroom||Flathead Mushroom (item) + Pestle (1 use)|
|Ground Middle Gem||Middle Gem + Pestle (1 use)|
|Ground Ochre Snail Shell||Ochre Snail Shell + Pestle (1 use)|
|Ground Tangled Roots||Tangled Root + Pestle (1 use)|
|Weedwood Chip Path (4)||Ground Weedwood Bark (3)|
- Alpha 3.0.0:
- Aspects on items reintroduced.
- Ground Weedwood Bark can now use Dry Bark as an ingredient.
- Beta 2.0.0:
- Aspects on items temporarily removed.
- Ground Weedwood Bark now uses Weedwood Logs instead of Weedwood Bark to grind.
- Beta 1.0.0: Introduced.