Compost Bin is a utility block used to create Compost, a primary element for farming in the Betweenlands.
The Compost Bin can be opened and closed by sneak right-clicking it with an empty hand. When open, you can right-click it with any of the following items:
- Weedwood Sapling, Rubber Tree Sapling, Sap Tree Sapling
- Sundew, Double Swamp Tallgrass, Phragmites, Tall Cattails, Cardinal Flowers, Broomsedge, Weeping Blue, Pitcher Plants, Bog Beans, Golden Clubs, Marsh Marigolds, Swamp Kelp, Water Weeds, Bladderwort (both flower and stem), Roots, Black Hat Mushrooms, Flathead Mushrooms, Bulb-Capped Mushrooms, Swamp Plants, Venus Fly Traps, Volarpads, Thorns, Poison Ivy, Moss, Lichen, Cave Moss, Cave Grass, Cattails, Swamp Tallgrass, Shoots, Nettles/Flowering Nettles, Arrow Arums, Buttonbushes, Marsh Hibiscus, Pickerel Weed, Soft Rush, Marsh Mallows, Blue Irises, Copper Irises, Blue Eyed Grass, Milkweed, Bonesets, Bottle Brush Grass, Sludgecreep, Dead Weedwood Bushes, Mire Coral, Deep Water Coral, and Hangers
- Weedwood Bushes and Rotten Weedwood Bark
- Swamp Reed (item), Dried Swamp Reed, Reed Rope, Tangled Root, Dry Bark, Swamp Kelp (item), Ground Weedwood Bark, Ground Dried Swamp Reed, Mire Coral (item), Deep Water Coral (item), Moss (item), Cave Moss Clump, Yellow Dotted Fungus, Black Hat Mushroom (item), Flathead Mushroom (item), and Bulb-Capped Mushrooms (item)
- All Plant Items and Ground Items
You can add your own Compost Bin-applicable items in the recipes.json in the config.
The compostable items will be placed into the Compost Bin. Certain items will have varying degrees of how much Compost they will produce, the highest being Dry Bark; this also determines how much space it takes up in the bin. Then, sneak right-click the bin again to close it and begin the composting of the items; the bin will show it is composting by emitting green particles.
After about 10 minutes, the items inside will convert into a varying amount of Compost, which can then be collected by right-clicking the bin with an empty hand. When not enough of the items inside are composted and the player tries to collect Compost, it will notify them that there is not enough Compost yet. It will also notify a player if they have filled it.