The Cavern layer of the Betweenlands begins just below the surface and continues down until it reaches the Lake Cavern layer. The caves can range from very small to tremendously large, and contain many ores and unique plants. There are sometimes small breaks on the surface which lead to these caverns, and occasionally giant ravines creating deep cuts in the earth that expose ores and other potential systems of caves. The fog is very dense down here, and an alternative ambient track plays.
- Swamp Dirt
- Cave Moss
- Sulfur Ore (commonly)
- Slimy Bone Ore (relatively commonly)
- Octine Ore (relatively commonly)
- Syrmorite Ore (relatively uncommonly)
- Pot of Chance (uncommonly in clusters)
Pots occasionally spawn in these caves as rewards, using common_pot_loot as their loot table.
- Beta 2.0.3: Reimplemented Tar Pool Dungeons to generation.
- Beta 2.0.0: Added Ravines and Underground Oases to generation.
- Added Moss and Lichen to decoration.
- Significantly reduced the number of Pots of Chance that spawn.
- Temporarily removed Tar Pool Dungeons from generation.
- Beta 1.0.0: Introduced.