NOTICE: This mechanic has been temporarily removed in the latest version of the mod, and will be returning in a future update.Aspects are a mechanic used in Herblore. They are semi-magical properties found in plants, minerals and even pieces of creatures. Aspects are the key to brewing Infusions.
Where Aspects Are Found Edit
Aspects are randomly distributed to Ground Items, including Ground Weedwood Bark and Ground Dried Swamp Reed, among tiers and groups. The distribution depends on the world seed. Aspects themselves don't have a defined effect, only a classification of what they could affect. Aspects always have the same classification. This does not depend on the world seed. The aspect/s on an item, if they have been discovered and if an Herblore Book is in the inventory, can be viewed by mousing over it in your inventory while holding shift, which will also display its icon. Lower tier aspect items often have multiple low tier aspects while higher tier aspect items usually have a single high tier aspect. A single aspect is also always found on an Aspect Vial, a player-created aspect item that can be used alternatively to ground items in brewing infusions. Each aspect has a specific decimal amount from the Ground Item, Aspect Vial, Aspectrus Fruit/Seed, or Weedwood Infusion Bucket it is found on; the amounts are added if an infused aspect is combined from two separate items, determining the number of Infusions that can be obtained from that one bucket.
A single aspect can be farmed in an Aspectrus Plant by right-clicking an idle, not-grown plant with an Aspect Vial with the aspect you wish to farm. The same aspect can be found on the Aspectrus Fruit and Seeds that plant drops; Aspectrus Fruit can be used as another infusion-brewing alternative.
Aspects can be stored within Aspect Vials as well as placed Dentrothyst Vials. Placed vials act as jars that can be filled with Aspect Vials to store up to 21.0 amount of a single Aspect.
Making Use of Aspects Edit
Aspects must be first discovered on items through a test. Aspects have a certain effect (derived from previously mentioned classifications) on Geckos, e.g. nausea, sweat etc. (this is only for the gecko test, it does NOT affect the potion effect in the end). Geckos can be tested by right-clicking a Gecko Cage (that has a Gecko inside) with the Ground Item you wish to test. Doing the gecko test may change the appearance of the Gecko based on the general theme of the aspect tested, or display particle effects; It will also display a message in text telling one of the aspects on the item, and gives the Herblore Book an entry with the found effects and their corresponding aspects that caused it (and the strength of the occurred effects, hinting at the amount of the corresponding aspect). It may also display a second message to say that all aspects on the item have been discovered. From then on, you will be able to view the aspect on the item with the shift key when the Herblore Book is in the inventory.
Certain combinations of aspects yield functioning Infusions in the Alembic, while some don't. Infusing any non-valid combination of aspects (or infusing a combination and collecting it at the incorrect time) and putting the resulting infusion bucket in the Alembic will yield Aspect Vials containing individual aspects. These vials can be used in the Infuser as aspect ingredients but are not actual infusions; this serves as a way of separating aspects from a single item that contains multiple. The decimal amount in the aspects is added up and may determine the length or potency of the resulting Infusion, depending on the aspect type; Aspect Vials used in crafting require a specified amount.
The aspect Byariis (corruption) creates the negative counterpart of an infusion if it's in the brew. Even numbers of ingredients with Byariis cause the outcome to have a positive effect, while odd numbers cause the outcome to have a negative effect. The amount of Byariis doesn't affect the outcome; only the presence matters.
Aspects in Weedwood Infusion Buckets and Aspect Vials have a specified amount, shown in their tooltip; the resulting number of infusions depends on the sum of all amounts of the mixed aspects. Strength and duration are affected by the amount of two aspects for strength and duration. Which aspects affect duration and/or strength depends on the infusion recipe. Normal infusions have a fixed recipe that doesn't depend on the world seed. Which aspects affect strength and/or duration of the infusion is mentioned in the potion recipe. Special infusions have a random recipe that depends on the world seed. Recipes for said special infusions can be found as loot and will add an Herblore entry when read.
Types of Aspects Edit
Aspects are categorized by their tier, which determines the general types of ground items they can be found on and in what quantity aspects can be found on an individual item. Aspects may also be categorized by type: Physical Body, Psychological, and Elemental.
- Ordaniis - Enhance. The aspect that activates other aspects or enhances power in any form.
- Celawynn - Stomach. The aspect that influences the digestive organs and immune system.
- Yeowynn - Health. The aspect that influences physical health and recovery.
- Azuwynn - Muscle. The aspect that has effect on the muscles.
- Freiwynn - Vision. The aspect that has effect on the perception of light.
- Dayuniis - Mind. The aspect that has effect on the mind and the border between reality and imagination.
- Fergalaz - Earth. The aspect that correlates to the element of earth.
- Yunugaz - Wind. The aspect that correlates to the element of wind.
- Firnalaz - Fire. The aspect that correlates to the element of fire.
- Byrginaz - Water. The aspect that correlates to the element of water.
- Armaniis - Desire. The aspect that influences the desire of a being or a thought.
- Geoliirgaz - Void. The aspect that correlates to the formless element of void or ether.
- Yihinren - Form. The aspect that affects both physical and psychological form.
- Byariis - Corruption. The aspect that changes the nature of anything to its opposite.
Aspect Recipes Edit
See above for information on how to make these Infusions.
- Azuwynn (Muscle, strength) + Ordaniis (Enhance, duration) = Elixir of Strength
- Azuwynn (Muscle) + Ordaniis (Enhance, duration) + Yunugaz (Wind, strength) = Nimblefeet Elixir
- Yeowynn (Health, strength) + Ordaniis (Enhance, duration) = Elixir of Healing
- Yeowynn (Health) + Ordaniis (Enhance, duration) + Dayuniis (Mind, strength) = Elixir of Ripening
- Azuwynn (Muscle) + Yeowynn (Health, strength) + Celawynn (Stomach, duration) = Toughskin Elixir
- Yeowynn (Health) + Ordaniis (Enhance, duration) + Celawynn (Stomach, strength) = Elixir of Feasting
- Freiwynn (Vision, strength) + Dayuniis (Mind, duration) + Ordaniis (Enhance) + Firnalaz (Fire) = Hunter's Sense Brew
- Dayuniis (Mind, duration) + Armaniis (Desire, strength) + Byariis (Corruption) = Masking Brew
- Azuwynn (Muscle, strength) + Dayuniis (Mind) + Yunugaz (Wind) + Ordaniis (Enhance, duration) = Swiftarm Brew
- Freiwynn (Vision, strength) + Dayuniis (Mind, duration) + Ordaniis (Enhance) + Geoliirgaz (Void) = Brew of the Cat's Eye
- Freiwynn (Vision, strength) + Dayuniis (Mind, duration) + Byariis (Corruption) + Ordaniis (Enhance) + Armaniis (Desire) = Draught of Sagittarius
- Azuwynn (Muscle, strength) + Fergalaz (Earth) + Dayuniis (Mind) + Yihinren (Form, duration) + Yunugaz (Wind) = Spiderbreed Draught
- Azuwynn (Muscle) + Byrginaz (Water) + Yunugaz (Wind, strength) + Yihinren (Form, duration) + Geoliirgaz (Void) = Lightweight Draught
- Dayuniis (Mind, duration) + Freiwynn (Vision) + Geoliirgaz (Void, strength) + Ordaniis (Enhance) + Yunugaz (Wind) = Draught of the Unclouded
Special Infusions (These have a base of at least two aspects that are always used, but the rest of the aspects are random)
- Yihinren (Form, duration) + Byrginaz (Water, strength) + random aspects = Shapeshifter's Draught of Gillsgrowth
- Yihinren (Form, duration) + Yunugaz (Wind, strength) + random aspects = Shapeshifter's Draught of Wings
- Yihinren (Form, duration) + Dayuniis (Mind, strength) + random aspects = Hunter's Sense Masterbrew
To make Anti-Infusion:
- Aspects of positive infusion + Byariis (Corruption) = Anti-Infusion
- Beta 2.0.0: Temporarily removed.
- Beta 1.0.0: Introduced.